Friday, June 27, 2008

Thing 7-Web 2.0

I've used some of these tools and others are new to me.
I've been using e-mail for years. I have two accounts, one on our main computer and a web based Yahoo account that I really don't use very often, on my laptop. I have used text messaging, but usually just use my cell, since I have more minutes than I am able to use, and there is an extra charge for texting.

I heard about IM quite a few years ago, but learned more about how it works by reading the articles that were recommended. I haven't tried it, but can see how it might be useful in some cases.

I listened to a Minitex webinar recording. That was fascinating! I learned about NetLibrary and eBooks, and that they even have eAudiobooks. What a resource! I spent some time exploring the NetLibrary site.

There are great communication tools out there. I can't imagine life without e-mail or cell phones. What can the future bring?

No comments: